Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Oh say can you see...

I thought that today was going to be a good day to ride to work, but I was wrong.

The time was good – my work day begins late enough today that I can ride after the sun comes up.
That’s an especially good thing right now since the rear light I use (affectionately called the Disco Inferno) needs a new battery.

The temperature was good – not hot by any means, but not too cold either. (Is there a Goldilocks thing going on here?)

The wind was good – there wasn’t any.

So, what was the problem?

THE FOG

It was one of those pea soup sort of days out there, right out of some kind of horror movie. (Possibly one about fog.) I decided that discretion was the better part of valor (especially given the current state of darkness of the Disco Inferno) and took the 2000 lb. beast instead. To my mind, bikes and cars and thick fog don't go togehter very well.

But tomorrow is another day, and I'm hoping to commute into work.

Wish me luck.

See you on the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment