Monday, September 16, 2013

I'm back...

Like Lazarus, I have arisen.

Unlike Lazarus, I have arisen on a bicycle, and certain portions of my anatomy are currently in a bit of pain, but it's all good. That's the rule when you're riding, right? It's all good.

Life has a habit of getting in the way of things, and it certainly did get in the way of riding the bicycle, but I have made the decision to not let it get in the way any longer.

“Why?” you may ask (or you may not, but I’ll just pretend you did and go on from there). Because, while playing a show with my band (check us out here) I ran into Mike and Dave, with whom I have logged hundreds or maybe thousands of miles. Then there was that weight gain thing…did you know that if you stop exercising you gain weight? Yep, it’s true. Then I reread Heft on Wheels by Mike Magnusson. Then the weather man predicted three lovely days in a row, and the crossword puzzle that is my brain (no, I don’t know what that means, either, but it sounded interesting when I was typing it) clicked and I said to myself, “I will ride all three of those days.”

Short rides, mind you. Untimed rides. But rides.

And I did, too. Wheezing and sweating and suffering like a dog on the road, but I was on two wheels again, and suffering has never felt so good. Rides 1 and 2 were under 10 miles - after all it's been a while. Ride 3 was over ten miles, and life is good.

 So why am I back to writing this blog, and why should you be reading it (there’s optimism for you – assuming that anyone is reading this)?

Well, the answer to the first question is – to amuse myself and to motivate myself. The answer to the second question is…well, I don’t know the answer to the second question. You'll have to figure that one out for yourself.

 Feel free to keep reading...

No comments:

Post a Comment